Thanksgiving came and went. I always love getting to see all of my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I have such a big family that it is always filled with laughter and joy.
D'Angelo and I have been debating on when and where to get Armani baptized, but we finally came to a decision that my Uncle Joey (my moms brother) who is a deacon, would baptize Armani on Thanksgiving morning. It just so happened to work out this way. Joey lives in Gretna and the church we got to in Sioux City only does baptism's the last Sunday of the month and for the next few months we are going to be busy and so Joey came up with the idea to baptize him on Thanksgiving morning at my grandparents church. My mother and father stood in as our Godparents, my grandparents, my uncle Joey, and his wife Pam were all in attendance. It was really special to me to have my uncle baptize my son. It really meant a lot to us that Joey was able and willing to do it. After the baptism we headed up the hill to my grandparents house where a bunch of wild and crazy Hartnett's would soon be arriving.
Family members filed in and soon enough my grandparents house was packed. I love the caous and all the noise, without it I don't know what I would do. Soon after everyone arrived it was time to eat. We always say an Our Father and thank the Lord for the food and family. One by one we went through the line and filled our plates with delicious and tummy filling food. Later, when people were done eating and chatting some of the cousins and aunts went downstairs to play a friendly game of heads up. Armani was taking a nap so it was the perfect time to school all my cousins in this fun game.
D'Angelo had to work that evening and the next day because it was black friday. He left my grandparents house a little after 5 and slowly people started to call it a night and head home. We left around 7pm. I was pooped and a little tipsy. I had drank a little too much wine and not eaten enough food. My friend Sam Burns was in town for the weekend from Conneticut so she stopped by and said hello to Armani and I! It is always good to see her and catch up!
The next day D'Angelo, Armani, and I were going to head to Kansas City, MO to see D'Angelo's mom, brothers and nephews. Since Dlo had to work from 7am to 3pm that day we were debating whether we should leave when he got off or wake up early and go the next day. I knew that we would be much happier if we left after he got off and just got it over with. So when he got off we packed up, got gas, and finally got on the road about 5. It took us 4.5 hours to get there and the last hour Armani did NOT want to be in his carseat any longer and we had to pull over for a little bit and let him out. Driving long distances with a child is not ideal. We made it there a little before 10 and we were all pooped. The next day I knew Armani was not feeling well. He was fussy, running a fever, and not his usual self. Him being sick did not make the trip has fun as it could have been but it was still great to see his family and watch D play in his alumni basketball game! We headed home Sunday and Armani was still not feeling well. We knew he was teething because we could see 3 teeth on the top of his mouth coming in, but we knew it had to be something more than just teething. We took him to the doctor Monday and they declared that he had RSV and an ear infection :( poor little man. They prescribed him some antibiotics and by Tuesday you could already tell he was feeling a little better.
Thanksgiving reminded me just how blessed and thankful I am for so many things in my life, especially my family, health, and friends! I can't wait to blog again soon about Christmas, Armani's 10 months, and birthdays!
![]() |
| Armani's Baptism |
![]() |
| Taking a nap after-finally feeling better |
![]() |
| Sleepy baby <3 |
![]() |
| Shannon and Armani when he wasn't feeling good |
![]() |
| Just had to share this adorable pic! |



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment